Sunday, August 14, 2011

Another lovely Sunday

Today has been another lovely Sunday spent with my lovely husband. This afternoon we headed over to West Raynham, an old RAF base, that is now a regenerated village. We met up with other VW owners for a barbecue, auto-jumble sale, photo shoot, and general camper chat. It was a great turnout with thirteen vans and a beetle, all lining up outside the old buildings on the old base. As well as the usual people who attend these meets, there were a few new faces too, and some lovely vans that we hadn't seen before.

After the meet we headed over to Hunstanton in Norfolk, to enjoy fish and chips by the sea. This is where having the van is great as we can just pull up at the sea front, set up the table, and eat takeaway fish and chips on a plate with proper cutlery. Not that I have anything against eating chips out of the paper with a wooden fork, whilst sitting on a bench. Some of the best fish & chip takeaways I've had, have been eaten this way. Sometimes it's just nice to have a little luxury!
No trip to the seaside is complete without hot sugared doughnuts, so after dinner we headed off to find some. First though we stopped off at the arcade, as for me, no trip to the seaside is complete without pushing a few two-pence coins through machines in the arcade. Although I know that everything I win will go back into the machine, I seem to get great enjoyment from playing on them. What gives me more pleasure, is when my husband joins in too, as this is something he doesn't always do. I don't think he gets the same satisfaction from the two-penny falls that I do. I should bet if I was posting one pound coins into gun games it would be a different story! Tonight though, my husband did join me at the two-penny machines, and we had several bets on the horse racing game together too which reminded me of being younger as a lot of the modern arcades don't have these anymore.
Our evening was completed by sitting on the sea wall and eating hot doughnuts together. All in all, an inexpensive but enjoyable evening.

I feel I have been typing a little too much tonight, so I leave you now with some photos from today.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...