Friday, August 5, 2011

2 days to go.....

Until our first wedding anniversary, and this time last year I had finished my last day at work as a Miss, and had spent one day making final preparations. 

I had a good send off from work, with a desk decorated with balloons & confetti and some lovely presents. I ended the day by driving to get my nails done, sitting in a car of confetti, with balloons hanging from the wing mirrors and a sign saying 'Honk at me, I'm getting married'! Wednesday was also the day the van got sprayed!

Thursday was spent picking up wedding rings and the all important dress, getting my Dad's suit changed and filling favour boxes with sweets. It was also the day where panic was setting in good and proper, as the van was still drying and needed to be put back together and needed an MOT. This turned into the most stressful part of the build up as we still didn't know if she'd be ready in time. 

Friday was spent decorating the reception venue, a lovely restaurant in the village where we live. I was helped by my little sister while my fiance was at the garage desperately helping wherever he could with re-assembling the van, which failed the MOT that morning.  Van aside, I can honestly say that I was at my calmest that day and was feeling extremely chilled out about the wedding. By mid afternoon, Bella the campervan had passed the MOT and it was all hands on deck to get her cleaned up, and get the interior fitted back in. Finally finished at 9pm, my fiance left to go and spend the night at his parents, with his daughter, and so began my last night as a Miss. 

Back to the present, and plans are to go to White Noise VW show this Sunday, our anniversary day. We will be camping in the van on Saturday & Sunday night at Clippesby Hall Campsite. 

On Monday I will fully report on the weekend, and also write a mini report about the wedding day.

 Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...