Saturday, February 25, 2012

Things I have learnt this week

I'm not normally a scatter brain, but for some reason this week I seem to have left my brain somewhere else. It could possibly be due to things that have happened at work which have focused my brain on other things, maybe I'm getting prematurely old and forgetful. Who knows. However, these are the things I have learnt so far this week. 


1) Wednesday: Taking the wrong coffee pot off the machine, will cause a mess, as well as risk of scalding. Fortunately, the latter was avoided. Unfortunately the former did! How did it happen? Making coffee for work colleagues, and there wasn't enough in the one pot for them all. Quick transfer of the coffee pot to the spare hot plate, and a new jug on was all I needed to do. Why oh why did I then decide to try and take coffee from the pot that was being filled? Half a roll of kitchen paper later and the mess was cleaned up. Well as much as I could get to anyway. So apologies to whoever has to clear up the dried coffee when the coffee maker is moved  to the new kitchen next week. 

2) Thursday: When your boss says you can work from home on Friday, it's necessary to take the work laptop, and any paperwork you have prepared, with you when you leave the building. It's not the best idea to drive almost a third of the way home, and then realise that working from home is going to be almost impossible without them! 


3) Friday: When making a cup of coffee, it's important to remember to boil the kettle first. Cold water doesn't dissolve the coffee, and I'd guess it probably doesn't taste too great either. 


Finally, 4) Also Friday: Pressing the unlock button while pointing your car keys at the wrong silver Astra will not open the doors! Maybe I shouldn't have such a common car! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...