Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's not all about us

Our wedding day for us, was memorable because we were getting married, but for the rest of the world it will be the weekend that 33 miners started their 2 month ordeal trapped in a Chilean mine.


Our first anniversary weekend will be remembered as the weekend when riots broke out in London. Four evenings on, watching it on the news, I still find it hard to understand why this is happening. The situation seems to be getting worse and I can't see an end to it. It makes me angry that these people are doing this for no apparent reason other than to vandalise and to steal. It sickens me to know that the majority of these people are teenagers, the next generation, and they feel it's acceptable to behave like this. What went wrong in their upbringing? Earlier on the news I saw a teen being interviewed saying they are doing it because they don't feel respected by adults. Do they really think that behaving in this way is going to gain them respect? When did they start to believe that vandalising buildings and terrorising innocent people was OK? Where are the parents of these youths? Do they know their children are involved in this? If they were members of my family  I'd be deeply ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...